Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
He's been invited to Dumaguete for next year but is interested in Anilao and maybe Bohol/Boracay too.
Coincidentally, on the last week of May (squeezing the last juice of summer), I actually have a scheduled flight from Manila to Dumaguete. From there, I was deciding between Siquijor and Apo Island but having been to the latter, I decided to make this a diving trip.

Thought I’d share what I have planned so far for anyone's future reference: From the airport, I’ve arranged a car and boat transfer to Apo Island (the resort can do this for you). I’m told there are only two resorts on the island. One dive buddy, Cathy, who was there only last month recommended that I stay at Liberty’s Lodge (landline 0353211036 or 0354240888 / mobile +639202385704).

She was very adamant that I specify room no. 9 above Paul’s Diveshop (just deposited/committed four night’s worth in a bank account this morning!) to better enjoy a cooling breeze (all rooms are seaside). Not only that, she gave me the name and number of the divemaster (Mario Pascobello mobile +639185894629) who, if it was up to her, she’d want to do all her dives with. That’s saying something, right? She named five sites -- Chapel, Coconut, Mamsa, Rock Point, Sanctuary -- that I should check out at the minimum.

As for Boracay, the first time I dived in its waters, it was with Fisheye Divers. I remember that, as their standard precaution, our group's first dive had to be Camia Wreck (where we chalked up flamboyant cuttlefish) just so we could be evaluated for the Yapak Wall that we asked for. It was worth building up to it. I dropped a pocket weight at Yapak Wall but -- with the white tip sharks and tuna action -- didn't even notice until I was back on the banca.

Just before I left for Boracay last week, I asked my most regular divemaster, Jay, for a fresh referral: Djila of Boracay Scuba 09209048636.

I love it that I have friends who are very exact -- and generous -- with their info and it’s just right that I pass it on